Contraband Search & Counter IED
HZL Consultants and Training Providers have an extensive Contraband C-IED search knowledge gained through European, Middle East and the Rest of the World consultancy and employment. HZLare at the fore front in providing training to Tier 1 Close Protection companies and Private Military Contractors prior to deployment to hostile environments.
HZL can design, develop and deliver Contraband and C-IED search training for UK and overseas clients. Protective search forms an integral part of the security arrangements at high profile or low key events where VIPs’ are attending. HZL can advise on best practice and provide planning advice as well as implement a protective search screen prior to and during a high profile event.
HZL have been responsible for producing Protective Search Train the Trainer packages to support high profile national sporting events. This focuses on preventing or minimizing the disruption from domestic terrorism and political protestors.
HZL also deliver search and screening training for businesses seeking to implement guidelines produced by the Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructure (CPNI) guidelines.
These search courses are designed for personnel who plan and conduct all aspects of search. Whether you are part of an asset protection group or a security team who carry out random or specific searches as part of your general duties, the course will include the planning and search of persons, vehicles, buildings, ships or other venues. Search items could range from stolen goods, drugs, weapons, explosives, bombs or other items that may present a danger.
The courses will cover:
- Standard Search Procedures – Threat assessments and the rule of law
- Persons – Constraints and methods used to search persons
- Vehicles (Light) – Condition of entry and exit to a site or secure location
- Vehicles (Commercial) – Condition of entry to a secure site
- Vehicles (Defensive VIP) – To ensure the vehicle has not been tampered with or anything attached to the vehicle
- Vehicle (Stop Procedures) – As part of an intelligence operation the level of search will depend on the threat level
- Buildings (Item Recovery) – The planning, entry, search and exit of item recovery searches
- Buildings (Protective) – To ensure a secure environment for the VIP or client
- Motorways & Routes – Identify vulnerable points on motorways and routes, the possible method of attack to be used and the procedures to combat the threat
- Areas – Location of hides in rural and urban areas
- Boats – Methods of searching boats or ships as part of a proactive or offensive operation
- Aircraft – Methods of searching aircraft as part of a proactive or offensive operation
- Railway Assets – Methods of searching railway assets as part of a proactive or offensive operation
- Chemical, Biological, Radiological & Nuclear (CBRN) – searching in a restricted CBRN environment
HZL also provides training and instruction in the following areas:
- Counter IED Training
- Counter IED Search Awareness (Hostile Environment)
- Mines Awareness and Mines Risk Education (MRE)
- Protective Search Refresher Training (Person, Vehicle and Building)
- Protective Search
- Close Protection Operator Search Training
- Train the Trainer Vehicle Search
- Train the Trainer Person Search
- Public Events Protective Search